Investing in a coach is terrifying. I’ll be the first to admit that. But it’s also the best investment you’ll make. I’ve invested in quite a few coaches over the years; they’ve each brought so much to my business. I know for a fact, I couldn’t be where I am now without them. But I’ve also heard of so many people that have had such a bad experience. Coaches that are income driven rather than determined to get you results. Mentors that take advantage and those that see you as just another coaching client.
Having invested as I have, I wanted to share this.
These are the ways I judge the success of working with a coach. If you currently work with one, then lots of these should resonate with you. If you don’t, please consider these pointers when you jump on that discovery call. You should feel the same excitement after that ahead of you working together.
So here goes…
- You get excited to talk to your coach. This is a biggie for me – I currently work with 2 coaches and I look forward to my session with them every week! I get excited about the intense 6—90 minutes thats to come and also feel inspired after the call, and ready to work on what we discussed. Even though one of the calls finishes between 8.30pm and 9pm (having started at 7pm), I normally feel so inspired I take action straight away. Now thats love…
- Your improved strategy is bringing in better results. Obviously it takes time to see results from social media, blogging and PR, but you really should start to them! Even if its better reach on social and more people visiting your web. Make sure you track it all so you can see (and share with your coach) the increase in enquiries, visitors and sales.
- You get more sales! No matter what sort of coach you work with (whether a marketing coach, mindset coach or straight business coach) you should get more sales! After all, thats the end goal of working with a coach right?! If you have a business, your sales strategy is crucial, otherwise, I hate to say it, its just a glorified hobby.
- You feel better in yourself. A big aspect of success in business is mindset and self-belief. You can’t have epic results without the mindset and self-belief to back it up. Make sure thats a priority when working with your coach.
- You feel more in control. Many business owners often feel totally out of control – of their finances, their marketing and their ideas and goals. A good, no, a great, coach will help you through the fog and help you implement a strategy for success.
- You get excited about your goals (and your ability to smash them!) I remember setting goals when I didn’t have a coach. I wouldn’t feel anywhere near as excited for them as I knew I didn’t have anyone holding me accountable, nor did I have anyone to help them make the plan to smash them. Get excited about yours!
- You have total faith in yourself and your business. Do you really truly 100% believe in your biz? If you have a coach, you are much more likely to, simply because you know they’ll help you make it a success. I remember signing with a 5 figure coach. It terrified me, and I jokingly told her she has to make her money back if I sign up! Which she did in a matter of months… I then signed up to a $5k programme and felt exactly the same. If you know you’re going to get your money back and then some, surely its the best investment you can make as that investment and the skills you learnt last for years – until you’re ready to scale to the next level! I always challenge myself to help my clients make that money back while we work together!
- You trust them implicitly. They really should have your best interests at heart and want you to succeed as much, if not, more than you.
- They celebrate your wins as much as their own. This is a big one for me. I remember working with one coach and I was over the actual moon when I smashed the £3k month barrier in my business. I knew she worked with brands that were turning over 10 times that yet she made me feel so proud and like I had smashed the biggest goal ever. She celebrated that win as if it was her own massive one. Thats really important – you shouldn’t just be a number to your coach, just another coaching client. They should want you to succeed totally and should absolutely celebrate every win. I literally LOVE when my clients hit their goals, I get goosebumps and celebrate it as if it were one of mine!
Investing in a coach is a big decision, mentally and financially, but it really can be one of the best decisions you’ll ever make. Just make sure they’re right for you!
If you’re ready to end 2019 on a high and make 2020 your best ever, apply for a complimentary discovery session here: https://www.123formbuilder.com/form-4479717/sales-lead-form