My fave five from 2016
2016… What a year
The new year is already powering on with quite some speed. Before we know it, we’ll be halfway through Summer with the end of the show season fast approaching.
Before we get there, it’s important to assess the highs and lows of 2016. In doing so, you can establish what triggered these things, how you found yourself in these situations and what you can do to improve/better them this year.
2016 was my best yet; both personally and professionally. It was a year I felt I really got to grips with things, and I’ve big plans to make this coming year even better. Here are my fave 5 of 2016, what are yours?
My fave five
1. The top spot absolutely has to go to launching TP PR. I had a lightbulb moment at the beginning of last year, when I realised all I was doing for my current clients was PR, so hey, let’s set it up properly! It was terrifying, nerve-racking and jolly hard work, but the rewards outshine the fear.
2. Interviewing Charlotte Dujardin and Carl Hester at Hartpury Festival of Dressage, just before they head to Rio. You can catch the video here.
3. Started working with The Racehorse Sanctuary, a charity really close to my heart. They provide a lifeline for some of the 4,000 racehorses that leave racing each year.
4. Seeing my articles printed in a magazine for the first time, having previously only been published online.
I started writing for equestrian style magazine, Style Reins in the Summer and had my first 3 articles printed in the Autumn Magazine. Very proud moment, I will always cherish that magazine.
5. Started interviewing on video. For this, you have one chance. Riders and celebrities don’t have time to do re-runs, you’ve got one shot. Make it good.
Now, let’s make 2017 even better
Now think back, what were your fave 5 of last year? Write them down and tell a friend. Your sense of achievement will leave you feeling particularly proud. Now to achieve those 2017 goals…